Counseling Services makes available to clients a variety of print, audio, and visual media. Visit the Health & Counseling Services clinic for a list of available resources.



Release of Confidential Information Form


These links are provided as a supportive resource to JWU students as well as other visitors. The views and opinions expressed are those of the various entities and are not necessarily those of Johnson & Wales University Health & Counseling Services; as such, Health & Counseling Services assumes no responsibility for the content of these websites. Internet-related information is not intended as a substitute for face-to-face counseling work.


Brochures on a variety of topics

Virtual pamphlet collection  (U. of Chicago)


Anonymous, Online Question-and-answer Forum

Go Ask Alice (Columbia University) 

College-focused Mental Health Information


Off-Campus Contacts

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police
Central Division
Non-emergency: 704-336-5729
Emergency: 911 (9-911 from on-campus phone)

Carolinas Medical Center
1000 Blythe Boulevard

Presbyterian Hospital
200 Hawthorne Lane

Behavioral Health
CMC-Randolph, 501 Billingsley Road

Area Mental Health
Samuel Billings Center, 429 Billingsley Road
Non-emergency: 704-336-6404
Emergency: 704-358-2800

Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services
Kuralt Center, 301 Billingsley Road

Rape Crisis Assistance
704-375-9900 (24 hours)

Suicide Hotline
704-358-2800 (24 hours)

Domestic Violence Crisis
704-332-2513 (24 hours)

Narcotics Anonymous
704-366-8980 (24 hours)

Alcoholics Anonymous
704-332-4387 (24 hours)

Planned Parenthood

Consumer Credit Counseling

Mecklenburg County Health Department

Disorders & Academics


Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities, including mental disorders. Johnson & Wales University works with students to provide accommodations appropriate to their documented disability when they choose to disclose it. 

Counseling Services does not diagnose disorders for the purpose of academic accommodations; documentation must originate from an appropriate professional provider not related to Johnson & Wales University. 

If you are considering seeking accommodations please see the Center for Academic Support. Advisors will assist you with the documentation process and provide you with ongoing support.